Will.i.am makes big donation to Prince Charles' charity
(CBS News) Will.i.am has made a big donation to Prince Charles' foundation The Prince's Trust, which helps disadvantaged youth.
The Black Eyed Peas singer gave 500,000 pounds ($779,800) to the organization, it announced on its website.
"Working with The Prince's Trust, I am joining the mission to help transform the lives of disadvantaged young people living in under-privileged neighborhoods in the UK," the musician said in a statement. "My donation to The Trust will help these young people build skills that are vital in today's and tomorrow's job market including technology and computer knowledge."
The organization said Will.i.am made the donation via his i.am angel Foundation. After meeting children on a Prince's Trust development course in London last month, the musician met with the Prince of Wales at his London home, Clarence House, to discuss how his foundation could support the charity's work.
Martina Milburn, the Trust's chief executive, added, "Will.i.am is an inspiring character - we're excited about his vision of helping the most disadvantaged to improve their computer skills and we're incredibly grateful for the donation. It will make a huge difference to vulnerable young lives in the U.K. today."
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 145 Comments
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans