Radiohead postpones portion of European tour following stage collapse
Radiohead released a statement Thursday explaining that the band members are dealing with the grief and shock from the accident; practical considerations have forced the group to postpone shows in Italy, Germany and Switzerland scheduled through July 9.Read more: Radiohead drum tech killed in stage collapse
Scott Johnson was killed Saturday when the stage came crashing down as the crew set up for a concert in Toronto's Downsview Park.
Three other crew members were injured.
The band said the collapse destroyed its light show, which will take weeks to replace.
"The collapse also caused serious damage to our backline, some elements of which are decades old and therefore hard to replace," the statement continued.
New dates for the postponed shows will be announced June 27.
Meanwhile, Radiohead is expected to resume its tour on July 10 in Nimes, France.
Popular in Entertainment
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- Amanda Seyfried talks filming Seth MacFarlane's new Western Play Video
- Jewel opens up about portraying June Carter Cash