Nick and Vanessa Lachey expecting a boy
(CBS News) Nick and Vanessa Lachey's first child will be a boy.
The "Wipeout" hostess, 31, shared the baby news on her website Wednesday.
"Nick and I are incredibly excited to share the news that we are expecting a baby boy," she wrote. "We can't wait to meet him soon!!!"
The baby is reportedly due in September.
Singer/TV personality Nick Lachey, who will appear next on NBC's "Stars Earn Stripes," married his wife (formerly Vanessa Minnillo) in July 2011. In March, he revealed the couple was expecting during a co-hosting stint on "Live! With Kelly."
"I've had a chance to do a lot of great things in my career and my life but this is the one thing that, more than any other, I look forward to," he said. "The fact that it's actually here, it's overwhelming."
That same month, the mom-to-be admitted on Twitter that while the couple just wanted a "healthy baby," she did have a bit of a gender preference.
"I'm excited either way!" she tweeted. "But I always wanted a boy 1st."
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 46 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale