Katy Perry to start her own record label
The pop star is in the midst of setting up her own record label.Pictures: Katy Perry
"I'm preparing for it now," she told The Hollywood Reporter. "And when this record label does come to fruition, I'm going to try and avoid the things that take away any fighting chance for an artist to have financial success. As people are coming to me with opportunities, I'm thinking, 'How would I want to be treated?'"
Perry put out her first album, a self-titled gospel rock set, in 2001 on Red Hill Records. In 2008, she released her sophomore album, "One of the Boys," on EMI's Capitol Records in 2007. "Teenage Dream" followed in 2010. Since coming on the pop scene, Perry has scored 11 top 10 singles.
The 27-year-old singer just unveiled the music video for "Wide Awake," from her hit album "Teenage Dream." She'll next appear in the 3D film, "Katy Perry: Part of Me," due out July 5.
Popular in Entertainment
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner