98 Degrees to reunite for summer performance
"We're very excited about the opportunity, and we've been toying around with the idea for a couple years of -- 'If we got back together, when would be the right scenario' -- and this music festival right here just kind of seemed like the right time to get back together and do a show and kick the tires and see how it feels," Drew told Seacrest.
Nick said the summer festival will mark 98 Degrees' "one and only appearance" this summer.
The festival will also feature performances by New Kids on the Block, Backstreet Boys, Kelly Clarkson, the Fray and Carly Rae Jepsen.
98 Degrees formed in Ohio, releasing its self-titled debut album in 1997, featuring the singles "Invisible Man" and "Because of You." Years later, the songs "The Hardest Thing" and "Give Me Just One Night (Una Noche)" made it on to the charts.
The band eventually parted ways in 2002. Probably its most notable alum, Nick Lachey, went on to star on reality TV and launch a solo career. Drew won the second season of "Dancing With the Stars." Since the split, Jeff Timmons released a batch of solo albums, and last year joined The Chippendales in Las Vegas. Justin Jeffre has since become involved in politics. Last fall, he got arrested for trespassing at an Occupy Cincinnati protest.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 118 Comments
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil
- Brad Pitt: "I've haven't known life to be any happier"