Shia LaBeouf strips down in new Sigur Ros video
(CBS/AP) Shia LaBeouf can add a new line to his growing resume: music video star. In this case, nude music video star.
The "Transformers" actor appears in Sigur Ros' new video for the song "Fjogur Piano." And if the video were a movie, it might merit an NC-17 rating because LaBeouf is, yes, completely in the buff.Pictures: Shia LaBeouf
Alma Har'el directed the video for the Icelandic band, which clocks in at eight-and-a-half minutes long. It's part of a series being created for the group's latest album "Valtari." The video also features female nudity, dancing, an octopus, lollipops and trippy images.
Band bassist Georg Holm said the director and LaBeouf collaborated on the idea for it. Holm described it as "absolutely amazing."
Holm added, "We really had no idea what to expect from Alma. Originally she was going to film us on super 8 in Iceland all playing the piano lines from the song, but then she rang and said she'd met Shia LaBeouf and they'd changed the idea, that was the last we heard of the concept and she told us nothing about what was going on. At first I didn't know what to make of the video, because it is so full of ideas and confusion, but now I completely love it. It seems to have no beginning and no end, and just makes you think about what might and might not be going on. It's a puzzle and I think it's absolutely amazing."
Videos don't come with ratings. But the Sigur Ros video does have a warning for its content before it begins.
Popular in Entertainment
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 138 Comments
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Selma Blair abruptly exits "Anger Management"
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- "The Voice" finale recap: Season 4 crowns a winner
- Johnny Depp on "unpleasant" split with Vanessa Paradis