Ronan Farrow takes aim at dad Woody Allen in Father's Day tweet
(CBS News) Ronan Farrow, the son of Woody Allen and Mia Farrow, took to Twitter to joke about his unconventional family on Father's Day.
The 24-year-old writer and human rights activist tweeted, "Happy father's day - or as they call it in my family, happy brother-in-law's day," alluding to his father's marriage to Farrow's adopted daughter Soon-Yi Previn.
His mother also chimed in, retweeting his comment and adding a single word - "Boom."
Boom RT @RonanFarrow: Happy father's day -- or as they call it in my family, happy brother-in-law's day.-- mia farrow (@MiaFarrow) June 17, 2012
Allen and his son have reportedly been estranged since the director left Mia Farrow in 1992 for Previn. Their relationship began in 1991 when she was 21 and he was 56.
Allen and Previn married in 1997. They have two adopted daughters.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Runaway mom tells Dr. Phil: "They're better off without me"
- Obama to host concert honoring Carole King