Kim Kardashian tells Oprah she was in "deep depression" after divorce
(CBS News) In a sit-down interview with Oprah Winfrey on OWN's "Oprah's Next Chapter," Kim Kardashian said she went into a "deep depression" after her 72-day marriage to professional basketball player Kris Humphries, and considered walking away from the spotlight.
"I was in such a deep depression I thought I was going to back away from it all," Kardashian told Winfrey, according to ABC. "You know when you just have that feeling that he's the one? When we moved in I had the feeling he was not the one."
Winfrey also pressed the reality TV star about her intentions of marrying Humphries and having it broadcast on TV, a move that made many believe it was a publicity stunt.
"If anything, the tough decision to end that relationship was such a risk of losing ratings, losing my fan base, but I had to take that risk for myself," Kardashian explained.
Winfrey also sat down with the reality star's siblings, Kourtney, Khloe and Rob Kardashian, and asked them about their mother, Kris Jenner, and how they respond to criticism that she "pimps" them out.
"That's so ridiculous. We have to hire a manager, why not hire our mother?" Kim said. "No one will fight harder for you than your own mother."
Next Sunday, Winfrey will sit down with Khloe, her husband Lamar Odom, and Kourtney and her boyfriend, Scott Disick.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos