TNT's "Dallas" premieres to ratings record
(CBS News) TNT's reboot of the landmark series "Dallas" premiered Wednesday to an average audience of 6.8 million viewers, making it the No. 1 scripted series premiere on cable so far this year, according to reports.
The show, based on the drama first broadcast in 1978, lured in 1.9 million in the most desired demographic- adults 18-49, reports Entertainment Weekly.
TNT's "Dallas" features the next generation of Ewings - John Ross Ewing (Josh Henderson), the son of J.R. and Sue Ellen, and Bobby's son Christopher (Jesse Metcalfe).
But fans of the original landmark series, which ended its 14-season run in 1991, were also able to see some familiar faces. Larry Hagman reprises his role as J.R., Linda Gray portrays Sue Ellen and Patrick Duffy returns as Bobby.
The high ratings also helped TNT become the No. 1 network among basic cable on Wednesday, reports EW.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 118 Comments
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil
- Brad Pitt: "I've haven't known life to be any happier"