Thai ministry: Lady Gaga misued the Thai flag during her Bangkok concert
(CBS/AP) Lady Gaga's world tour is stirring up more controversy.
Thailand's Culutre Ministry is criticizing the singer over what it says was her inappropriate use of a Thai flag during a Bangkok concert last month.
Lady Gaga wore a traditional Thai headdress and a bikini during the show and sat on a motorcycle with a Thai flag tied to it.
The ministry says the act was "not appropriate and hurt the feelings of the Thai people."
The ministry's Permanent Secretary Somchai Seanglai says his agency gave police a summary of public complaints it had received.
Somchai says that is protocol but the ministry does not intend to seek legal action against the American pop diva.
Her Asian tour has been wildly popular but also has raised objections from religious hard-liners in some of the countries she has visited. An Indonesian show was canceled after Muslim conservatives denounced it.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Amanda Seyfried talks filming Seth MacFarlane's new Western Play Video
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards