R. Kelly owes $4.8 million in taxes, says report
The singer's tax issues date back to 2005, according to documents filed by the IRS. TMZ details what R. Kelly owed each year. In 2008 alone, Kelly owed more than $1.1 million in taxes, according to the site.
R. Kelly's rep said everything is under control, explaining, "R. Kelly is in the process of working everything out with the government and is confident that all his obligations will be satisfied."
Perhaps R. Kelly will rake in some money when his new album, "Write Me Back," comes out on June 26.
He also wrote "Celebrate," a song recorded by Whitney Houston and Jordin Sparks for the "Sparkle" soundtrack, due this summer.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer