The Doors to be honored at Sunset Strip Music Festival
The event will be headlined by Marilyn Manson and will also feature performances by Offspring, Steve Aoki, Bad Religion, Black Label Society, Far East Movement, De La Soul and others.
The acts will pay tribute to The Doors by performing their own versions of the band's songs.
The Doors - organist Ray Manzarek, guitarist Robby Krieger, drummer John Densmore and late singer Jim Morrison - formed in the mid-'60s in Venice, Calif., and got its start on the Sunset Strip.
"It's a thrill to be honored by The Sunset Strip Music Festival this year," Krieger said in a statement. "Venice was our home, but The Doors lived and came of age on the Sunset Strip."
"The Doors are honored to be celebrated by the magical, legendary Strip," added Manzarek. "A great leap forward from the Summer of Love to today. What a great time we're going to have."
Densmore noted, "The Sunset Strip in the '60s was the incubation canal for an entire renaissance in music, and its impact is still with us. The Doors are proud to be honored this year at the 5th annual SSMF celebration."
A portion of ticket proceeds will benefit Impact Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center in Pasadena, Calif.
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 109 Comments
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Toby Keith: Moore, Oklahoma "will persevere"