Jason Aldean fined for swimming in dangerous waters
Authorities say the country star was among 19 people cited for going in the Gulf of Mexico on Monday in South Walton County.
The Northwest Florida Daily News reports that double red flags had been up since Saturday because of dangerous rip currents. Lifeguards had ordered everyone to stay out of the water.
Aldean took to Twitter to address the $100 fine:
Dear officer who gave me a ticket on the beach today for swimming in the water with double red flags.. Thanx for the warning Barney Fife!— Jason_Aldean (@Jason_Aldean) June 12, 2012
Responding to negative feedback, Aldean later tweeted that he was only joking:
Ya'll gettin way too worked up over this.. I was just havin fun & joking then everybody started goin crazy. Simmer down peeps it's all good— Jason_Aldean (@Jason_Aldean) June 12, 2012
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer