Courtney Cox asks to drop Arquette from name after divorce
(CBS/AP) Courtney Cox Arquette wants to legally drop her husband's name once the former couple's divorce is finalized.
The actress' request was included in a response to estranged husband David Arquette's divorce filing Friday.
Both cite irreconcilable differences as the reason for the end of their 12-year marriage, and both are seeking custody of their 8-year-old daughter.
Arquette and Cox are representing themselves in the proceedings. They announced their separation in October 2010, but both listed in court records Dec. 31, 2011, as their official separation date.
The pair met on the set of the film "Scream" in 1996 and married three years later.
Cox's filing was first reported Wednesday by celebrity website TMZ.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner