Kate Walsh confirms she's leaving "Private Practice"
(CBS News) Kate Walsh is saying goodbye to "Private Practice."
The actress has confirmed she's leaving the show after the upcoming sixth season.
"It's been an incredible journey and an amazing ride, Walsh said during an appearance on Bethenny Frankel's new talk show, airing Wednesday. "It's been a long time being Addison and I feel incredibly grateful to [show creator] Shonda Rhimes and all the fans. "
Walsh, 44, has played Dr. Addison Montgomery for three seasons on "Grey's Anatomy" before the character moved from Seattle to Los Angeles for the spin-off series.
Her co-star Tim Daly also revealed last month that his time on the show is over.
"Wonderful fans of PPP. Shonda informed my agent today that Pete wont be returning for season 6," he tweeted last month. "It was a great 5 yrs."
ABC has ordered just 13 episodes of "Private Practice" for its sixth season, according to Deadline. The network has not announced an end date for the series.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale