"Young and the Restless" child actor to have open heart surgery
He also plays Reed on the top-rated CBS soap opera "The Young and the Restless." CBS spokeswoman Elise Bromberg says he will have surgery Thursday at Children's Hospital Los Angeles to replace his pulmonary valve and repair a hole in his heart.
Max was born with a congenital heart defect and has undergone multiple surgeries.
Bromberg says that Max told his mother that he didn't have a choice, and that he "might as well go through it with a good attitude."
Max is expected to be hospitalized for about five days.
Go here to send your well wishes to Max.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Bynes' allegations of sexual assault under investigation
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video