David Arquette files for divorce from Courteney Cox
(CBS News) David Arquette has filed for divorce from Courteney Cox.
The actor cites irreconcilable differences in the filing, TMZ reports, and is asking for joint physical and legal custody of the couple's daughter, Coco, who turns 8 on Wednesday.
Documents were filed on June 8 in Los Angeles Superior Court. Arquette did not ask for spousal or child support, and there is no mention of how shared property will be divided, the website notes.
According to the filing, obtained by TMZ, the actor is representing himself in the divorce. He signed the documents on March 23, apparently waiting three months before filing them.
Arquette, 40, and Cox, 49, married on June 13, 1999. They announced their separation in October 2010, but have remained amicable despite their split.
The actor had a bar mitzvah Monday on his first trip to Israel, reading a portion from the Torah in front of the Western Wall in Jerusalem. "Finally I'm a man," Arquette tweeted of completing the Jewish rite of passage.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Bynes' allegations of sexual assault under investigation
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video