Philip Seymour Hoffman offered role in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire"
(CBS News) Philip Seymour Hoffman has reportedly been offered a pivotal role in the next "Hunger Games" film.
Heavensbee becomes the new Gamekeeper in the Capitol, succeeding Seneca Crane (Wes Bentley). The character plays an important part in the events of "Catching Fire," the second novel in Suzanne Collins' trilogy.
Lionsgate had no comment, the reports said.
The film, titled "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire," is scheduled to be released on Nov. 22, 2013.
Hoffman just finished a critically-acclaimed run as Willy Loman in the Broadway revival of Arthur Miller's "Death of a Salesman."
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos