Leighton Meester wins court battle with mom, report says
(CBS News) Leighton Meester's legal battle with her mother has reportedly come to an end.
The "Gossip Girl" actress filed a lawsuit last year after she claimed her mother wrongfully used money she had given her family every month for her brother's medical bills.
A judge ruled in Meester's favor of her motion not to provide any more financial support for the family or have any contact with her mother, reports TMZ Meester's mother claimed the two had an agreement that required Meester to help with her brother's support.
Meester filed the suit in 2011 and claimed that the $7,500 a month she sent home for her sick brother was instead used to finance her mother's cosmetic procedures, including Botox and hair extensions, reports TMZ.
Her mother countersued claiming the actress had hit her with a bottle and that she had promised her a sum of $10,000 per month for life.
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 46 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale