Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth engaged: What does the ring look like?
(CBS News) Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth are officially engaged. So how did the "Hunger Games" actor choose the ring?
Neil Lane told People that Hemsworth wanted "something unusual," that was also "romantic and beautiful."
What he ended up purchasing was a 3.5-carat cushion-cut diamond ring. The band was handcrafted out of 18-karat gold that contains diamond floral motifs. The center stone dates back to the late 19th century, according to the jeweler.
"It was hand-cut around 1880 or 1890 and it's unique and in its original form," Lane told People. "At that time, no two diamonds were alike, as they were all hand-cut, so it's fascinating to look at because it hasn't been re-cut to look contemporary over the years. I find that really romantic."
It apparently worked. the 19-year-old "Hannah Montana" star said yes after Hemsworth got down on one knee last week.
Cyrus tweeted after the news broke, "Thank you for all the love today :) I'm happy to share this news with you all. I feel like all my dreams are coming true. <3 have a great day."
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 46 Photos
- Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Music Awards
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner