Amanda Bynes charged with DUI, pleads for president's help
(CBS News) Actress Amanda Bynes was officially charged by Los Angeles prosecutors on Tuesday with driving under the influence. The charges stem from an incident roughly two months ago when authorities say she grazed a sheriff's patrol car in an early morning accident.
The actress took to Twitter to start pleading her case; she even tried to have President Barack Obama hear her out.
"Hey @BarackObama...I don't drink," tweeted the 26-year-old Bynes. "Please fire the cop who arrested me. I also don't hit and run. The end."
Bynes was arrested on suspicion of DUI in April while she was driving her black BMW at 3 a.m., when police say she ended up colliding with a vehicle.
TMZ reports that this was not the actress' first run-in with the law. She was pulled over on March 7 for allegedly talking on her cell phone, and she reportedly drove away from the scene before the ticket was written. She was not arrested and later returned to the police station to sign her ticket.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 116 Comments
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil