"The Wire" becomes a musical in web video
(CBS/AP) NEW YORK - Omar Little, the shotgun-toting stick-up man of "The Wire," is finally getting his chance to belt out a solo.
"The Wire: The Musical" debuted Tuesday on the website Funny or Die. In the video, stars of the HBO drama reprise their roles in a mock song-and-dance adaptation of the famously gritty series about urban life and the drug war in Baltimore.
Among the "Wire" actors who participate are Michael Kenneth Williams (Omar), Sonja Sohn (Kima), Andre Royo (Bubbles), Felicia Pearson ("Snoop") and Larry Gillard Jr. (D'Angelo Barksdale).
The video appears as a four-minute commercial that advertises comically sunny songs like "Omar's Comin,"' "It's All in the Game" and "I'm Just a Burner" - a sad lament from one of the disposable cellphones used by the drug dealers on the show.
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 145 Comments
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot
- Watch: New "Anchorman 2" trailer