Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen take top prize at CFDA Awards
(CBS/AP) NEW YORK - Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen took home the biggest prize of the night at the annual Council of Fashion Designers of America awards.
The 25-year-old twins won the Womenswear Designer of the Year award for their collection The Row, beating out Marc Jacobs and Proenza Schouler designers Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez for the honor.
Jessica Chastain announced the Olsens as winners Monday night at Lincoln Center in front of an audience that drew not only from the fashion world but also from Hollywood.
"Mad Men" star Jessica Pare gave Reed Krakoff his trophy as best designer of accessories, and Matt Bomer of "White Collar" gave menswear designer Billy Reid his. The gala was emceed by "Saturday Night Live" star Seth Meyers.
The previously announced style icon award went to Johnny Depp, but he's on the set of "The Lone Ranger" and didn't attend. He sent an email - and filmmaker friend John Waters - in his place.
CFDA Fashion Awards 2012
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Music Awards
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments
- "Star Trek Into Darkness" wins weekend box office
- Watch: New "Anchorman 2" teaser trailer debuts