Carly Simon to publish a memoir
Although there's no publication date yet, Simon, 66, told Reuters she hopes to have the book completed by the end of the year.
According to publisher Random House, the memoir will chronicle Simon's childhood, "the discovery of her life-altering stammer, her meteoric rise and unparalleled career in music, and her loves, including her marriage to James Taylor."
Simon had a lot of loves through the years, having been attached to Mick Jagger, Warren Beatty and Kris Kristofferson.
Simon is no stranger to the book world either. She's published a children's book and is the daughter of Richard L. Simon, a founder of Simon & Schuster.
"After years of keeping journals and writing lyrics for my tunes, I have developed a strong interest in seeing how my life might just string together in a longer form," she said in a statement. "I know I'll be looking for a strong chorus, like a repeating dream or theme."
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Amanda Seyfried talks filming Seth MacFarlane's new Western Play Video
- CBS up, "Idol" down as traditional TV season ends