Facebook and "Grey's Anatomy" win big at GLAAD media awards in San Francisco
(CBS/AP) Facebook and "Grey's Anatomy" both received big awards a the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation's 23rd annual Media Awards in San Francisco on Saturday night.
Facebook took home the Special Recognition Award and "Grey's Anatomy" creator Shonda Rimes was honored with the Golden Gate Award. The show also won for drama series.
Other honorees at Saturday's ceremony included "Days of Our Lives" for daily drama series, Max J. Rosenthal of The Huffington Post for digital journalism article and Wells Fargo for the Corporate Leader Award.
The awards salute fair, accurate and inclusive representation in the media of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community and the issues that affect their lives. Other winners from among this year's 35 categories were honored at ceremonies in New York and Los Angeles earlier this year.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "Terminator 2" star Edward Furlong arrested