"The Bourne Legacy" trailer: Jeremy Renner takes center stage
(CBS News) A new trailer has arrived for "The Bourne Legacy," putting Jeremy Renner front and center as the new face of the action-film franchise.
The star of "The Hurt Locker" and "The Avengers" plays Aaron Cross, a CIA operative described as "Treadstone without the inconsistency."
And while Jason Bourne (played by Matt Damon in the first three films) is not in this movie, he still seems to be part of the story.
As Edward Norton's character says in the trailer, "Jason Bourne was just the tip of the iceberg."
Joan Allen, David Strathairn and Albert Finney reprise their roles from previous "Bourne" films. Rachel Weisz also stars in this installment, as scientist Stephanie Snyder.
"The Bourne Legacy" is due out in theaters Aug. 3.
Tell us: What do you think of the trailer?
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 126 Comments
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- Brad Pitt: "I've haven't known life to be any happier"
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy