Steven Tyler drops $1.1 million on world's fastest car
(CBS News) Steven Tyler dropped over a million dollars on the world's fastest street-legal car - the Hennessey Venom GT Spyder.
The rocker and "American Idol" judge snatched up one of only five 2013 models and dropped a reported $1.1 million on his new ride.
"Steven came to us last year and asked if we could build his Venom GT as a roadster," John Hennessey told Yahoo Auto.
Tyler's is the only convertible of the group and is able to accelerate to 200 mph in 15.9 seconds, beating Bugatti's Veyron by 8 mph, reports Yahoo.
Tyler just wrapped up the 11h season of "American Idol" and is now scheduled to hit the road with Aerosmith for its summer "Global Warming Tour."
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 129 Comments
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy