"Hatfields & McCoys" earns high ratings again
(CBS/AP) Most of Monday night's "Hatfields & McCoys" viewers tuned in for more of the backwoods blood-feud drama on Tuesday night.
According to Nielsen company the second part of the miniseries was watched by 13.1 million people.
Pictures: Kevin Costner
Read More:"Hatfields & McCoys" episode two filled with revenge and murder
Read more: Noel Fisher: Cast bonded on "Hatfields & McCoys" miniseries
Read more: "Hatfields and McCoys" scores record ratings
The first part of the History network miniseries was seen by 13.9 million viewers on Monday night and more than 17 million when the immediate repeat was added in, the Nielsen company said.
Those are huge numbers in the cable television world. No scripted series on the broadcast networks last week came close. By contrast, Fox's series finale of "House" last week reached 8.7 million people.
"Hatfields & McCoys" stars Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton and is airing over three nights in two-hour chunks.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy
- "The Voice" to feature tribute to tornado victims