New Stephen King book "Joyland" due out next June
(CBS News) Fans of Stephen King can expect to read a new thriller from the acclaimed author in June 2013.
Hard Case Crime, an imprint of Titan Books, announced that it will publish "Joyland," a new work of fiction from King.
"Joyland" is set in a small-town North Carolina amusement park in 1973 and tells the story of college student Devin Jones who comes to work as a carny and "confronts the legacy of a vicious murder, the fate of a dying child, and the way both will change his life forever," the publisher said in a release.
Charles Ardai, the Hard Case Crime editor, said, "Joyland" is "a whodunit, it's a carny novel, it's a story about growing up and growing old, and about those who don't get to do either because death comes from them before their time."
Hard Case Crime said it would release "Joyland" in June 2013.
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party