Private funeral for Robin Gibb to be held next month
(CBS/AP) The family of the late Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb has announced plans for their final goodbyes.
There will be a private funeral next month. Three months after the funeral, there will be a public memorial at the famed St. Paul's Cathedral in London.
According to the Guardian, the funeral will be near where Gibb lived in Thame, Oxfordshire. The service will reportedly include music by the Bee Gees, Roy Orbison, and Gibb's favorite hymns.
While Gibb's family announced he had died "following his long battle with cancer and intestinal surgery," his son Robin-John Gibb told the Sunday Express it was kidney failure, not cancer, that killed his dad.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 75 Comments
- Listen: John Mayer's new single "Paper Doll"
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby
- Johnny Depp on "unpleasant" split with Vanessa Paradis
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 352 Comments