Misty May-Treanor campaigns for "Dancing with the Stars" all-star season
(CBS News) Beach volleyball player Misty May-Treanor has already secured a spot to compete at this summer's Olympic Games in London, and now wants another shot at the "Dancing with the Stars" mirrorball trophy.
The two-time Olympic gold medalist, who withdrew from the show's seventh season in 2008 after she tore her Achilles tendon in rehearsals, is campaigning for a slot on the show's upcoming all-star season.
On her Facebook page, the 34-year-old athlete asked fans to vote for her to be cast on the all-star season. She also made a list of reasons for why she wants to return to the ballroom:
"1. I would love to finish what I wasn't able to when I was on the show the last time
2. I wasn't voted off
3. I would love for my husband to see me dance and compete
4. I want to perform for my fans!"
Tell us: Which "Dancing" stars do you want to see on the all-star season?
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 109 Comments
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"
- Toby Keith: Moore, Oklahoma "will persevere"