Simon Cowell: Britney Spears didn't walk off "X Factor" set
(CBS News) After reports surfaced that pop star Britney Spears had stormed off the "X Factor" set, fellow judges Simon Cowell and Demi Lovato stepped in to defend the pop star.
In an interview, the two used humor to quash what they called the rumors about Spears.
"No, that was Demi," Cowell said, according to a report in E! News. Lovato responded, joking, "I was like, you know, tired of Simon, So 'I had to just, like, go.'"
Cowell then answered the question honestly on the show's website, reports E!, saying, "There was no walking off."
"We have breaks every 5 or 6 songs. You can go have a cigarette, you can go to the loo. SO as soon as anyone left their chairs, it was reported...that someone had left the show - and they hadn't!"
Spears even responded to the rumors herself on Twitter saying, "#Britneywalkoff??? LOL was just taking a little break people. I am having the BEST time!!!"
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments
- "Star Wars" animated series coming 2014
- Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Music Awards