The "Hatfields & McCoys" feud plays out on The History Channel
Starring Kevin Costner, Bill Paxton and Tom Berenger, the three-episode show marks the History Channel's first scripted miniseries.Read more: Actor Noel Fisher says cast bonded on "Hatfields & McCoys"
"Hatfields & McCoys" tells the tale of feuding families following Devil Anse Hatfield (Costner) and Randall McCoy (Paxton), close friends until near the end of the Civil War when they return to their neighboring homes - Hatfield in West Virginia and McCoy across the Tug River in Kentucky. That leads to increasing tensions and resentments that soon explode into all-out warfare between their families - from land disputes to kidnappings.
Monday's premiere episode introduced viewers to the main characters and also sets up the feud along with the killings. It also chronicled the love story between Roseanna McCoy (Lindsay Pulsipher) and Johnse Hatfield (Matt Barr).
Costner serves as executive producer and also performs on the soundtrack with his band, Modern West. Parts 2 and 3 of the series will air Tuesday and Wednesday this week at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT.
Reviews for the series have been favorable, and buzz for its premiere has been building for weeks.
Did it live up to the hype? You tell us. Sound off below.
Popular in Entertainment
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Selma Blair abruptly exits "Anger Management"
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- "The Voice" finale recap: Season 4 crowns a winner
- Watch: New "Anchorman 2" trailer