George Jones released from hospital
(AP) NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Country music star George Jones has been released from the hospital.
In a news release from Jones' publicist on Saturday, Jones says he is improving, and "I look forward to seeing everyone soon."
Jones, regarded as the greatest voice in country music history, was hospitalized for the second time this year on Monday in Nashville, Tenn., with an upper respiratory infection. The 80-year-old spent a week in the hospital in March as well.
The "White Lightning" singer has canceled his live performances through the month of June and will reschedule shows where possible.
Jones says in the news release he's got a new team of doctors treating him, "and it seems to be working."
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 129 Comments
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced