Folk musician Doc Watson in critical condition at N.C. hospital
(CBS/AP) WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Folk musician Doc Watson is in critical condition at a North Carolina hospital after falling at his home earlier this week.
A spokeswoman at Baptist Hospital in Winston-Salem says the Grammy winner remains in critical condition Friday morning.
Watson's daughter, Nancy, says the 89-year-old Watson fell Monday. She said he did not break any bones.
The blind singer and guitarist, whose legal first name is Arthel, has won several Grammys, including a lifetime achievement award. He also has received the National Medal of the Arts.
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- Eva Longoria graduates with a master's degree