Jim Parsons comes out as gay in newspaper profile
(CBS News) Jim Parsons has revealed in an interview that he is gay and that he is in a long-term committed relationship - the first time the "Big Bang Theory" star has opened up about his sexuality.
The information was revealed in a New York Times profile about the Emmy-winning actor, who is currently starring on Broadway in a revival of "Harvey."
While referring to his previous role in the play "The Normal Heart," a drama about the HIV/AIDS crisis, the article states that the play resonated with him: "Mr Parsons is gay and in a 10-year relationship, and working with an ensemble again onstage was like nourishment, he said."
The article did not state the identity of Parsons' partner, but there has been speculation that his partner is Todd Spiewak, with whom he has been seen at multiple events and whom he thanked during his 2010 Emmy Award acceptance speech.
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 46 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale