Michael McKean in stable condition after being struck by car in New York City
(CBS News) Actor Michael McKean is recovering in a New York City hospital after being struck by a car on Tuesday afternoon.
The 64-year-old, who starred in the film "This is Spinal Tap" and on TV's "Laverne & Shirley," was taken to St. Luke's Hospital in Manhattan, where a spokesman says he is currently in stable condition.
A McKean rep, Harriet Sternberg, told the Associated Press the actor suffered a broken leg.
Emergency officials said McKean was struck at West 86th Street and Broadway, on Manhattan's Upper West Side, just before 3 p.m. on Tuesday. According to the New York Daily News, Sternberg said McKean's wife, actress Annette O'Toole, is flying in from Los Angeles to be with him.
McKean is currently starring on Broadway in Gore Vidal's "The Best Man."
"It's the first time he will have ever missed a curtain in his entire life," Sternberg said, according to the Daily News. "He's never missed stage, screens in film or television. His understudy has never gone on in 40-plus years."
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?