Donald Driver the latest football player to win "Dancing with the Stars"
(CBS News) Green Bay Packers wide receiver Donald Driver now has a mirrorball trophy to put on his mantel - and is the latest in a series of athletes to take the "Dancing with the Stars" title.
After winning the competition, Driver likened the victory to his team winning the 2011 Super Bowl.
"I think it's the same," he told People backstage after the show. "You have great moments [throughout both experiences]."
He's not the first football player to find success on the "DWTS" dance floor. NFL receiver Hines Ward and running back Emmitt Smith each won the mirrorball trophy during their respective seasons, and NFL wide receiver Jerry Rice and defensive tackle Warren Sapp have both been runners-up.
Stars from other sports have also been crowned "Dancing" winners, like gymnast Shawn Johnson, figure skater Kristi Yamaguchi, speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno and racing champion Helio Castronoves. Figure skater Evan Lysacek came in second place during his season.
Tell us: Who is your favorite "Dancing" champion?
"Dancing with the Stars" Season 14 finale
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 109 Comments
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments