Will Smith raps "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" theme song
(CBS News) Will Smith may have moved on to movies, but he hasn't forgotten his TV roots.
During a recent appearance on a British TV show, the actor gamely recited the theme song from the show that made him famous - "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air."
"That is the thing I am most known for, no matter how big the movies get," Smith said on "The Graham Norton Show" of the TV series, which aired from 1990-1996.
He also revealed that co-star Alfonso Ribeiro (Carlton) told him to name his "Fresh Prince" character after himself, because people would be calling him that for the rest of his life.
"He was so right," Smith added. "When we go out together, people are like, 'Will! Will! Carlton!'"
Smith is currently in Europe promoting his upcoming movie "Men in Black 3."
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" to series for 2013-2014 season
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- Beatles' lyrics headed for British Library
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"