Jennifer Lopez still needs to decide on returning to "American Idol"
(CBS News) Jennifer Lopez is playing coy about signing up for a third year of "American Idol" and "Idol" producer Nigel Lythgoe says she needs to make up her mind.
Lythgoe told Reuters that Lopez must decide whether to sign up as a judge or go in a different direction.
Lopez has said she is not sure about renewing her contract saying she is "just too busy." Some are speculating that Lopez's delayed decision is a negotiation ploy.
Lythgoe told reporters on a conference call Friday that all three "Idol" judges, Lopez, Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson have other things going on, but that he would like to have them all back for next season.
"She (Jennifer) has had a wonderful resurgence - world's most beautiful woman (for People magazine), two No. 1 records - she is doing brilliantly. She is going to have to balance everthing up, as is Steven Tyler, too. It's not just Jennifer," Lythgoe said in the Reuters report.
Lopez took to Twitter to tell fans she hasn't quite made up her mind.
"There is no truth to reports that say I am definitely leaving 'Idol'," the pop singer tweeted on Thursday. "All I said was I haven't decided what I am doing next year."
This season's "American Idol" is down to two finalists and the two-part finale will be broadcast on Fox on May 22 and 23.
Popular in Entertainment
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner