Which town is best-read? Alexandria, Va.
The historic suburb outside of Washington, D.C. tops Amazon.com's list of best-read cities over the past year, based on per capita sales of books, newspapers and magazines.
Romance novels are especially popular in Alexandria, according to the online retailer, which released the list Tuesday.
Alexandria was immediately followed by several college towns: Cambridge, Mass.; Berkeley, Calif.; Ann Arbor, Mich.; and Boulder, Colo. Municipalities on the list all have populations of more than 100,000.
Rounding out the top 10 were Miami, Fla.; Arlington, Va.; Gainesville, Fla.; Washington, D.C.; and Salt Lake City.
Popular in Entertainment
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 355 Comments
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- Nigella Lawson's husband cautioned by cops over assault
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby