Beyonce faces $100M lawsuit from video game developer
Justice Charles Ramos has give the company, Gate Five, the go-ahead to pursue a $100 million lawsuit.Pictures: Beyonce
Read more: Beyonce wins journalism award
Gate Five claims the superstar backed out of a $20 million deal for a game called "Starpower: Beyonce."
The Grammy Award-winning singer's lawyers contend they were within their rights to opt out of the deal because Gate Five didn't have its financing in place.
But Gate Five says Beyonce knew it was ready to sign a contract with its financier on Dec. 6, 2010, when she pulled out three days earlier. As a result, the game was scuttled and the company let go 70 employees.
According to the New York Post, the judge said Beyonce should have given the company notice.
Her lawyers declined to comment.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Obama to host concert honoring Carole King