"Breaking Bad" star Bryan Cranston to play in N.M. celebrity softball game
(CBS/AP) ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - "Breaking Bad" star Bryan Cranston is going to play ball later this month.
The Emmy- winning actor, who plays Walter White in the Albuquerque, N.M.-based AMC drama, announced Tuesday that he'll participate in a celebrity softball game at an Albuquerque park on May 19.
Cranston says he expects his celebrity team to "get slaughtered."
His team is set to face members of the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team on May 19.
The lineup isn't set yet, but Cranston says Lou Diamond Phillips has agreed to join the team. Phillips is shooting the A&E drama "Longmire" in Santa Fe, N.M.
Cranston says he decided to participate in the game to show support for returning veterans.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 129 Comments
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy