Coco Rocha wears Elizabeth Taylor auction item to Met gala
(CBS News) Model Coco Rocha stood out on the red carpet Monday night when she wore a neon yellow-and-pink Givenchy pantsuit to the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute Gala.
But, the model revealed, she's not the first famous owner of the ensemble - it once belonged to Hollywood icon Elizabeth Taylor.
Rocha, 23, told People she purchased the pantsuit at the auction of Taylor's jewels, clothing and other personalized items last December.
"I'm a big Elizabeth Taylor fan: her pictures are iconic and when I was really young, I watched every single one of her movies," she said. "I don't get star-crazy, but if I ever had met Elizabeth Taylor, I probably would've choked."
Rocha told the magazine she decided to wear the outfit exactly as Taylor left it - she didn't have it tailored, and she even chose to leave a red wine stain she discovered on the ensemble.
When the party was over, Rocha told her Twitter followers she was putting the outfit away - for now, at least:
Putting my Liz Taylor Givenchy into storage for now, wondering if someone one day will get to have as much fun wearing it as I did! #MetBall-- CocoRocha (@cocorocha) May 8, 2012
Tell us: What do you think of Rocha's Elizabeth Taylor ensemble?
Met Costume Institute Gala 2012
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos