Justin Bieber finishes high school
Ever since bursting on the music scene, the Canadian singer has been globetrotting and hanging with the likes of Usher -- all while doing school work.Pictures: Justin Bieber
"I just finished high school," he revealed to the U.K.'s Daily Telegraph. "I passed my test - I'm free! It was hard doing school and work every day."
"That was something my mom really wanted me to do, so I had to do it for her," Bieber, 18, said. "I mean, this kind of lifestyle has given me a different perspective on life. I've been able to travel the world. At school, usually you have to do a lot of writing and reading. I'm really not into that stuff. I like to be out there."
Last week, Bieber's "Boyfriend" video broke YouTube's record for single-day views, according to The Hollywood Reporter. It logged more than 8 million views within 24 hours of hitting the web and currently has 18 million views and counting.
"Boyfriend" will appear on Bieber's new album, due out in June.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 75 Comments
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- "The Voice": Top three sing for the win
- Johnny Depp on "unpleasant" split with Vanessa Paradis
- Listen: John Mayer's new single "Paper Doll"
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby