Kelly Ripa says she could never co-host "Live!" with her husband
(CBS News) Kelly Ripa and her husband Mark Consuelos are great together on-screen and off, but Ripa recently told Vanity Fair that she could never co-host "Live! With Kelly" with her husband.
"No one would make me happier than Mark, but he values our marriage and he says that he doesn't see how we could stay married and both do that show," Ripa told the magazine.
The show had been trying out a wide variety of co-hosts to fill Regis Philbin's shoes after he left the show in November. Consuelos had filled in for Philbin in the past, along with Josh Groban and Nick Lachey.
The couple, who met on the set of "All My Children," have been married for 16 years and have three children.
The full interview is available in the June issue of Vanity Fair.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer