Wiz Khalifa busted in N.C. for marijuana possession
Police cited the rapper and members of his band and staff after a concert on Tuesday.Read more: Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose are engaged
Read more: Wiz Khalifa's mixtape crashes site
Local police were patrolling the parking lot at the Joel Coliseum Annex where the rapper was performing. An officer said he approached the tour bus and smelled either burnt or burning marijuana.
A search warrant said an officer seized a quantity of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, but police wouldn't say how much marijuana or paraphernalia was found. Sources told TMZ that officers discovered 11.39 grams of marijuana on the tour bus.
The rapper, whose real name is Cameron Jibril Thomaz, is scheduled to appear in court in Winston-Salem on July 27.
He was cited for misdemeanor marijuana possession in Nashville, Tenn., last month while in town to headline Vanderbilt University's Rites of Spring concert.
Khalifa isn't shy about his affinity for the drug. In March, he participated in Cypress Hill's annual SmokeOut in San Bernardino, Calif., an event advocating marijuana rights.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" to series for 2013-2014 season