Actor J.R. Martinez welcomes a daughter
(CBS News) J.R. Martinez has a new lady in his life.
The "Dancing with the Stars" champion and his girlfriend, Diana Gonzalez-Jones, welcomed their first child, daughter Lauryn Anabelle, on Wednesday evening.
Martinez, 28, told People the baby weighed in at 7 pounds, 13 ounces, and is 21 inches long.
"She's already got a nickname - Belle," he told the magazine, adding, "It's just amazing to see her, finally. She's beautiful."
The Iraq war veteran and Gonzalez-Jones met in 2008 on the set of soap opera "All My Children" after Martinez landed a role on the show where she was working as an assistant.
The couple revealed in December that they were expecting a baby girl.
The stork club
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 129 Comments
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy