Hillary Clinton turns down Jason Segel's movie offer
(CBS News) Jason Segel has said he wants to work on a movie with Hillary Clinton, but she has politely declined - at least, for now.
During an appearance on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" last week to promote "The Five-Year Engagement," Segel told Fallon that he received a rejection letter in the mail from the Secretary of State.
The actor, 32, explained that when reporters ask who the mysterious mother is on "How I Met Your Mother," he tells them it's Clinton. Last month, he also told Us Weekly that he thinks she "would be good at comedy" and joked that he'd like to work with her on the (fictional) film "Forgetting Sarah Marshall 2: This Time It's Personal."
The secretary of state apparently heard of his requests and wrote Segel a letter.
"I was delighted to read about your interest in sharing the big screen with me," she said, according to Politico. "As you can imagine, I am a little occupied at the moment, but perhaps someday I can help you forget Sarah Marshall ... again. My only condition is that there be Muppets involved, and that is non-negotiable. In the meantime, you have my best wishes for continued success with your career."
Segel has previously said he's stepping away from the "Muppets" franchise after co-writing and starring in last year's film. Perhaps now he'll reconsider?
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Bynes' allegations of sexual assault under investigation
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral