Louis C.K. named person of the year at Webby Awards
Less than two weeks later, it had reaped more than $1 million. Already among the most respected stand-ups in the country, Louis C.K. was suddenly a new media trailblazer, too.
On Tuesday, the Webby Awards announced Louis C.K. is their "person of the year" for setting "a new precedent for distribution." Comedians Aziz Ansari and Jim Gaffigan have since similarly released albums online.
The Webbys, which celebrate Internet achievement, announced the winners of its 16th annual awards on Tuesday. They're presented by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences, a group of about 1,000 Web experts and Internet professionals.
Louis C.K. also has a show on FX, simply called "Louie," which is gearing up for a third season.
You can see the full list of Webby award winners here.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance